Saturday, December 23, 2017

A HAPPY SPOT IN A WOBBLY JOURNEY

This is my view of this lady. A link below offers more.

Little gifts. From God. That’s what sustains me along this journey of missed opportunities, failed plans and disappointing  decisions.

We left home the day after Thanksgiving for our winter adventure with a calendar full of exciting things to do before Christmas: national parks in Mississippi and Louisiana, days and days of playtime with friends, a few zoos and a presidential library.

None of that happened.

None. 

Instead, we’ve had to deal with replacing our trailer’s tires (one exploded!) a failed phone (brother-in-law came to the rescue), a refrigerator on the rocks (literally chunks of ice keep it cold)  and illness (not ours, but theirs, and we wish them better health.)

Today, another failure. The historic Water Works Museum in Shreveport, LA,  has  no room for us (and our trailer) so we must move on. 

OK. I am now pouting.  I stick out my lower lip, rest my cheek on my fist and stare out the truck window, watching Shreveport and all its potential flash by. (Pitiful, I know.)

Then I see her. 

Up ahead, to the right, a massive, graceful woman painted on the side of the building. As we move closer (we are on the highway) I see another side of the building. It's populated with images of other people, huge people, the biggest mural I’ve ever seen. And it is spectacular. Absolutely spectacular. Colorful. Lively. Enticing.

It lifts my spirits. I treasure seeing this.

All too soon, the beautiful woman and her entourage are behind us. But the joy of seeing them lingers. So I Google Shreveport murals. What did I just see?

Well, well.  I was just gifted the largest mural IN THE NATION. 

You can read all about it here, and see lots of pictures. My little uplifting gift from God.



No comments: