Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Bouquet For Loretta

Sand, stones, brambles and burrs surround Otto here in Padre Island
National Seashore. Rising from the midst, a tiny oasis of Indian
Blanket Flowers
decorates my path. I see the bouquet right outside my
front door and I smile. What sweet memories it brings.

Years ago, my dear friend Loretta helped me create many gardens in
Central New York. We loved digging the dirt and cruising the garden
centers, looking for that perfect plant.

My Indian Blanket Flower (Gaillardia) is one of our perfect finds. It
returns yearly by my CNY mailbox and blooms through summer, greeting
me daily with its lovely orange and yellow petals that surround a
large purplish center. It's a delicious flower. I often think of
Loretta when I see it. And, it makes me smile.

So this tiny, natural bouquet down here in Texas, I dedicate to
Loretta, for being my friend and the source of so many nice memories.

1 comment:

loretta said...

Thank you so much, it means the world to me...